fashionalized

Sunday, October 20, 2013

How To Take The Perfect #Selfie?

Hello my lovelies !

             If your not familiar with the term "selfie" then your obviously not self obsessed like I am and you probably don't exist in the instaworld! A selfie is basically a picture of yourself taken by you and shared on your Instagram account. Lately a lot of people have been telling me that they love my Instagram pictures and my selfies. And lots of them have asked me how I mange to always look great in my selfies ? Well I must admit taking a selfie is not an easy task and taking great selfies is an Art!

So today I'm going to share some tips on how to take the perfect selfie. Listen up ladies & Gentlemen.
  • LOOK YOUR BEST
          If your going to take a picture of yourself its probably going to be a close up shot so you want to look your best . Eg. Tweeze your eyebrows, wear some gloss or lipstick, conceal your dark circles or pimples or wear a cool pair of sunglasses(I have seen the ugliest people look 100 times better!)







 These pictures have all been taken with make up when Im going out to a party or an event. Its the best time to take selfies.














  • IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT PHONE YOU HAVE
          Trust me you don't need a fancy camera phone to click nice selfies. I have an I Phone 3gs and it doesn't even have a front camera so I can't see myself when I click. Just make sure you are comfortable with the phone and you can hold it steady with one hand. Also take pictures in front of a mirror so when you flip the phone you can see it in the mirror and can frame your shot well. ;) Or just take one of you in the mirror.


I have shot a picture of the mirror here.




  • KEEP IT STEADY
         Nobody likes blurred pictures and its cool if your going for a cool artsy effect once in a while but otherwise make sure your picture is clear. Hold your phone in such a way that you have a steady hand. I usually hold the phone with one hand and hit click with the other.




  • NEVER TAKE JUST ONE 
          Sometimes you get lucky with a great shot but most other times its either blurry, your nose looks to big or you look like a vamp so its always better to take 4-5 shots moving the phone at different angles. And after your done you just go through the pictures and pick the best shot. I use an app called CameraProFx that has a multi shot feature you can try that too.


 I took 3 shots and decided to go with the last one.




  • DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPRESS YOURSELF
         Most people get conscious while taking a selfie and hold back with the intension to look pretty. Well pretty gets boring after a point people so let your personality come through, make funny faces, look sexy, use props and basically just have fun!





  • FILTERS ARE YOUR FRIENDS
          Ok so heres the truth... Even if your gorgeous you can't always look nice and everyone has flaws. Instagram filters are great and when you start experimenting with them you will realise that some work for you more than others. My favourites are Rise, Amaro and Valencia. There are also loads of other photography apps that have great effects and filters, some of the ones I use are FaceMan, Photo Editor, CameraProFx and InstaEffect. 









Before & After







 







Filters & effects will add just the right amount of drama ;)








  • MAKE A COLLAGE 
         Sometimes its nice to make a collage of selfies or frame your pictures with fun frames. My favourite app after Instagram is InstaCollage. After you take a picture you gotta work on it too guys.


















  • TAKE PICTURES IN INTERESTING SURROUNDINGS
          Take selfies in different interesting places and not just your bedroom. And don't get conscious to take em in public places. I'm sure there are loads of other freaks like us!

In an auto
Elevator

Shoot


Behind the scenes at a shoot
In a cab




Thats all from me guys. I hope these tips and tricks will make you all pro selfie takers! xoxo

Follow me on Instagram if you want to see more of my selfies
           



9 comments:

  1. I think you take amazing selfies. Great post. I am gonna put all your tips to good use and try and master the art of selfie.
    ❤ Amena.
    Fashionopolis
    Bloglovin
    Connect On Facebook
    Talk On Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. you take amazing #selfies!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE TIPS!! :* the one in the car, with shades and red lipstick is just perfect!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Always encouraging thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Started when we went to the Lakeview School Coach Handbags Clearance (for children with cerebral palsy) in Edison. We got to help those kids and it meant a lot. We all realized how good we have it and to stop New Jordan Shoes 2020 complaining about whatever problems we might have because there are people that would love to do what we do (play football).

    In this paper, we consider both of these tasks in a two stage approach employing Interval Type Yeezy Discount 2 Fuzzy Sets (IT2FS) and Simulated Annealing (SA). In the first stage, Yeezy Boost 350 the supplier selection problem is solved by using IT2FS for ranking the suppliers. We present an inventory model incorporating information Ray Ban Outlet from the first stage that captures the influence of supplier risk on the total cost of supply chain operation.

    Though aliens are said Coach Outlet Store to be Coach Outlet advanced, it seems Ray Ban Glasses they need us for their survival just as fallen angels need human beings to prey on. There are various accounts of aliens taking tissue samples from humans, probing them, or impregnating women. This is the origin of the entities known as incubus and succubus..

    ReplyDelete